Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Trip to Saltillo

About a week ago an idea to go to Satlillo and visit some friends who were going to be passing by there briefly on their way back from a visa trip arose. It sounded good ... seeing old friends and all. But various factors made me a bit uncertain about the idea.

First of all Kenji was just coming out of a teething bout and due to this caught a slight infection in his ear and a cough. Secondly I didn't really have the funds for the trip and because it would mean a very short trip (2 days and nights) I just didn't know if it was really worth it.

Because of Kenji's health, which obviously affected his physical state in general. I didn't really see him making it through a 3 1/2 hour trip in a bus. He does alright traveling in a car as he can look out the front/side windows and be distracted a bit or even just the fact of being able to move around. Whereas in the bus he has to stay on my lap and there is nothing to keep his interest in such a place.

I brought the idea of the trip to the Lord and He gave the go ahead. But the above factors still made me a bit uneasy about the trip. So I told the Lord that if He wanted me to go to Saltillo then He would have to heal Kenji up completely, supply the bus fare or the ticket for free, and make the trip well worth my time :) (just a wee bit selfish with that last one :"> ) .

Well not so surprisingly, as it says in His Word "Ask and it shall be given thee," the Lord answered my "requests". But at the same time I was amazed when every single request that I asked happened. I mean I know He's said that as His brides we should have the faith to ask Him to do anything for us and He will, just as long as it's within His will, but I kind of didn't really see myself falling into that category. LFM. But He did answer me and this boosted my faith and helped me tweak my personal mentality/viewpoint on myself.

Anyways, Kenji's cough and earache went away 4 days before the trip, I got a free bus ticket through a friend who is the manager of a bus line and last but not least the trip in the end did turn out to be well worth it. :) I got to not only see 3 old friends from my former home, but on top of it I got to see my sister Angie, my brother Ez, and sweet Jo.

And of course the entire Saltillo home who so kindly let me stay at their place, again. (I made a stop-over there about a month or so earlier) The home also kindly offered me to go through some provisioned new kids clothes. And I was able to come back with heaps of new clothes for Kenji. This was such an answer to prayer as an avenue that I was counting on to get clothes for Kenji, which he was in dire need of, didn't quite come through as I had expected. So this was truly a lifesaver and an answer to prayer. TTL!

Oh, and one more thing Kenji, amazingly, slept for 3 of the 3 1/2 hours of the trip both there and back! Was I happy!? So, yes, in the end the trip was well worth it and the Lord answered not only my requests but, even my unspoken prayers and desires. TYJ!

Here are a couple of pics of our visit to Saltillo. Being that I don't have a camera of my own I had to borrow one and so I wasn't able to take as many pics of all the fun things Kenji did or of his 1st time on a bus :( . But at least I got a couple of pics to remember his adventure to Saltillo.


Here he is doing his "nonchalant look" pose. He's actually quite fond of having photos taken of himself ... gee I wonder why ...

But being the picky Virgo that he is he's rather choosy of when and with whom he takes photos, as you will see for yourself further down. He doesn't care for group shots either, since he is not the center of attention.



This photo involved a very pretty girl ;) so he put on one of his best poses, his "far away look" pose.




But for this one, well like I said he's a bit choosy. You've got to understand the lil' guy ... there is no pretty girl involved thus no reason to sit through this photo shoot.




And here we all are :D , yeah probably not the best shot of any of us, of course except Jamie. But it doesn't count because she always looks pretty. X( :D



P.S. Thanks guys for stopping by it was great seeing you all, especially you John ;) ;) lol. And James thanks for the things you brought us. Miss you all! xoxo

2 comments:

James said...

Sweet. The pictures are up. It was nice to see you guys. Love you. Happy days.

Lizzy said...

Aww Sukito you look super good..and Kenji is adorable...you guys have to come and see me soon....