Sunday, November 18, 2007

Night fun and ...

After being here for about 2 months we finally were able to get back in contact with a sweet couple, Enrique and Lily, who we met 7 years ago when we lived here. They were so happy to know that we were back for good. They came over a week ago for a short visit which ended up turning into an informal class and all together I believe they ended up staying for a good 4 hours.

On their second visit, a couple days ago, they so kindly brought/bought us some kitchen items we were needing. TYJ! It didn't end there though. Yesterday, Saturday morning, they called us and said they wanted to take us out for dinner at their in laws weekend hamburger stand. Hooray!!!

But seeing as dinner time for them meant around 8:00 - 8:30 I was smart :D and gave Kenji a good long late afternoon nap so that he would be in good spirits for our late outing which easily would mean heading back home at around 10:00 at the earliest.







Here he is ready for the hamburger that was promised to him.










With hunger setting in, yet still remarkably patient, he attempts to takes some bites off of the table ...



The long awaited delicious hamburger finally arrived! It was huge about the size of Kenji's head, length-wise. As you can see I've already eaten about half of it.
















Spending some quality time with U. Miggy ... (aka time with Miggy now that he is done eating and is getting fussy :) ) ... but of course U. Miggy is unaware of my little scheme and meanwhile has his own purposes in mind - an opportunity to be vain and get some photos of himself, oh and of course Kenji too.



Well that same night, Saturday night, happened to also be the night before our rest day so we wanted to do something fun. We remembered about a very inviting offer that was made to us ... let me back track a bit.

A week ago during a witnessing outing we met the manager of a club and he offered us free entrance to the club anytime we wanted. Yay! TYJ! He told us that Thursday nights were live band nights (yeah ... I think we'll pass on that one) but Friday and Saturday nights were your average club ambiance.

We decided to go and seeing as clubs real activity doesn't really start till around 11:00 - 12:00 getting home from our dinner outing at 10:30 wasn't too much of a problem. But a cranky and tired Kenji sort of was.

Grandma kindly offered to put him down for bed and sleep with him until I got home. She actually wanted to sleep with him all night so that I could get a nights' sleep without him, so sweet, but I of course knew I wouldn't handle being without my squishy ALL night.

When we got there we learned that that night happened to also be the club's 1st anniversary. In other words it was a good night to be going as there was going to be a lot of added entertainment, etc.

Anyways, I got pics of our clubbing adventure but sadly some of the pics didn't come out good and so I was left with only a couple of sort of "good ones." Although the camera didn't do so well catching pics with movement going on, as you can see for yourself.





There we go; a better shot of one of the shows in honor of the clubs 1st anniversary.

Two dudes dancing/swinging around with 2 torches each while a third dude performed on a strip of hanging material.



After about 3 hours, I began getting tired ... ehe, yeah not so young anymore ;) ... but the others weren't quite ready to head back home. As I wasn't partaking of the dancing/partying so much I got a check to talk to this man who was by our side. He had made small talk with us when we first arrived and seemed polite.

Anyways to make a long story short I ended up witnessing to this man, a doctor, for about 45 minutes and in the end he got saved. He wrote down our phone # and address and asked if he could come over and visit us the very next day. He was so happy to have met us and said he knew that our encounter wasn't mere chance, but he felt that God had ordained it. And was he right!

Initially I wasn't sure if I wanted to go clubbing as it would mean hardly getting any sleep and I just didn't know if it would really be worth it, like the music/club, but when asking the Lord about it He told me to go.

And so I went kind of uncertain whether it would really be worth it, but witnessing to this man made the sore feet and 3 hours of sleep well worth it. And was I happy to have obeyed His still small voice in order that one more soul be saved. TYJ!

3 comments:

Kali Meunier said...

Yay updates and more photos! Looks so fun!
You look good by the way, "verry nice" xxxxx!

Jamie said...

Suko always looks good! :) Thanks for updating. Hey, do you have those photos that we took when we saw you in Saltillo?
I love you! xxxx

Suko Luna said...

Sadly, I don't have the photos yet, hence I haven't posted them :). But Angie should be sending them soon, I hope. Love you too!