Yep, my little guy, is not so little anymore. Alright so that is pretty obvious, but I still very much want him to be my sweet wittle muffin -- the one I can squeeze and cuddle all night -- but alas as with all good things, they must come to an end. Sigh. :( I've greatly enjoyed having my muffin sleep with me on my bed these past 2 + years (yes, I can see some folks being totally shocked by this, but I don't care :D) but I think the time has finally, and sadly, come to take the big step of ... sleeping in his own bed. :(
To tell the truth, I did try once before to get him to sleep in his own bed, but he was totally against the idea, guess he just wasn't ready. :D And I didn't want to force it upon him and have to deal with tons of weeping and sadness before bedtime. Big steps, or changes, in little ones' lives should be fun and as easy going as possible. Else you could create a whole lot of unpleasant feelings, like insecurity, fear, to name a few. Each child, family, is different and you must take all these things into account.
In our particular situation I didn't own a baby crib for him while he was a baby, yet about the time he turned 1 my mom gave me a very nice toddler size mattress, but I lacked the actual bed frame for it and being that he was still so little I didn't want to have him roll of the bed as it was quite a decent fall. So there that's my excuse ;) for having him linger longer then normal sleeping with me. :)
But now I guess he's finally ready as the other day out of the blue he asked me to set up his bed. He told me that now he's a big boy and as such he can't sleep on mommy's bed, he has to sleep on his new bed now. Awww, such a darling cutie-pie! Yet such sad news for mommy. :( And being that he is a bit older now I'm not so worried about him getting so badly hurt if he rolls off the bed. Thankfully he hasn't yet and it's already been about a week that he's sleeping on his own bed -- with the exception of climbing into my bed at about 5 in the morning each day. Yay! ... I mean, well, it is rather cold now so it's okay by me. :D
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment