The last 2 weeks I've been trying to teach Kenji a little more about how Jesus wants us to make others happy and show them His love through our smile, or deeds, our sample, etc. I revised and read him the MLK "The Winning Offensive" to help drill the point home. TTL he's starting to get the hang of it a little more. :)
But the one thing I'm really trying to stress upon him right now is how a BIG way to show our love to others (ahem... to mommy) is through his obedience. It hasn't been easy for him as he is so strong-willed and independent in the sense of once he's determined to do something, whether good or naughty :), he does it even if it means taking the risk of hurting himself. And when he does hurt himself due to his disobedience he never cries, he just says "ow" and then it's over. What a rascal!
Anyways, I'm sure it will take a couple more weeks for him to thoroughly get the point of "It's better to obey" and "Obedience makes mommy happy". He got down the lessons of being friendly to visitors and smiling and saying "hola" to them, so I'm sure he will get the obedience one down soon enough.
In other news, today he went out on follow-up with the grandparents :) and they said he did real well. He didn't cry for me, he smiled to those they met, he was obedient and even helped grandma provision. What a shiner!!! Grandma is making sure he learns things along the lines of what a real missionary is all about --to have a love for the lost and to be an instant witness and good sample to others. :)
Here are some pics of him before his follow-up outing in the afternoon. For some reason Flickr rearranges the pics I've already arranged in a certain order, so you'll see the "potty time" pics and him all ready for FU all mixed up X(, I'm not so happy about this problem. I shall have to see how I can fix it!
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment