Saturday, March 8, 2008

And so it begins ...

Now that Kenji is 1 and 1/2 I can foresee him getting into so much mischief. I suppose all toddlers have a tendency to do this to some degree, but my little "angel" :) has it quite a bit more than your average toddler. :D

It's not a bad thing, per se, after all at this age their greatest source of learning comes from "hands-on," "experimenting" and the like, right? Well, that's what I have to tell myself many times daily :) to keep my from getting too peeved at all the mischief Kenji gets into these days.

It seems like no matter how well I check and double check the surrounding area he is in he still finds a way to get into something. For instance, the other night I made him some custard for his night time snack and had placed the cornstarch back in the pantry (which happened to be quite a ways out of his reach) and yet he managed to get it!

I didn't see him getting it so I don't really know how he did it, but being as smart as he is :) he most likely pushed a chair from the dinning room into the kitchen, or he used one of the big water bottles, to help him reach the cornstarch as it was in the far back of the pantry shelf. Then he made his way to the office (a good place to hide) and began his "experimenting".

It's a little hard to "draw the line" with most of the mischievous things he does on a daily basis and swat him for it seeing as for him these things are just another way to experiment and learn something new. It's not like he is purposefully trying to be naughty or disobedient. Right? ;)

But in any case I do explain to him that what he did be it spilling cornstarch all over the bed, putting about a dozen of lemons in our drinking water bottle, taking all the pots out of the kitchen and setting them up as his "drums," shredding any form of cardboard box or paper he finds, or "organizing" the fridge, to name a few was not so good to do as it made a mess, etc, etc. Sometimes this alone will keep him from doing it again, other times well ... :D


4 comments:

Miss M said...

Sukito, he's adorable! Even more so when covered in cornstarch. Haha. I love how your write BTW, your posts are always so interesting and well written.

XOX

lizzy said...

hahah he is such a smart little rascal Yasu....dale mi amor al traviero...hope to see you guys soon i love you

Suko Luna said...

Miss M:
What can I say, I've truly been blessed! Even though along with the "adorable" package comes "mischief". :D
P.S. Oh it made my day to see a comment from u on the blog :) thanks!

Liz:
Yep, smart, rascally, adorable and much, much more I assure ;) I've been a bit negligent with the blog :D, but I will post all about what happened last month and pics too :).
I love u lots Liz, and u never know we may just pay u a visit some time, in God's good time :D.

lizzy said...

well he is a Luna after all...so of course he is smart he takes after his mother...well it was good to see a new post you keep them coming i love you tons to Yasu and i hope that you guys will be able to come here soon i would love to see you guys i love you tons give kenji my love..