That's right, today he turns 1 1/2 yrs. old and there is no way I was going to just let this very special day go by without a celebration. Call me a freak if you like, see if I care. ;) Okay, so a 'month day' doesn't warrant a huge party, but why not celebrate it even if in a small special way? And that is just what I did!
Every day we go to a park in our neighborhood and we walk past this ice-cream shop. Kenji at first didn't really know what this shop was, but after granddad bought him a paleta a couple of weeks ago he makes a big deal, tries to go in, when we walk by it. So I figured that taking him to the ice-cream shop would be something special for him, as well as a simple way to celebrate his 'month day'.
Now, I personally don't think that sweets, ice-cream, etc., should be things you give to a child as a treat or a "shiner prize," (actually his favorite "shiner prizes," believe it or not, are vitamins and/or dried fruits) but I chose ice-cream mainly for what it would mean to him to be allowed to go into the ice-cream shop, and it seemed a refreshing snack to have on such a hot day.
After having his fill on ice-cream we headed towards the park and he opted for "exploring" around rather than play in the playground. This is his latest thing, he just loves to get into everything or anywhere his little feet will take him :D
Well that's just a little peak into what we did to celebrate his 'month day'. Next post I'll write down some of the highlights of his accomplishments now that he is a year and a half so don't miss it ! ;)
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Dear God, that boy is growing fast! Felicidades enano!
aww he is soo cute....dear my Yasu did you let the little guy eat all that ice-cream!?!?!....man Yasu the little one is growing so fast..i tell you, you must bring him here...i miss you guys tons...and no your not a freak for celebrating a "month day" your just a mom...and i think is super cool that you guys did something special...though i am sad that i missed :((....well i hope you figure out how to use the pictobrowser...that way you can put up more pictures of the muffin man....i love you tons....send my love to kenji boy and munchy....
Mig,
Indeed he is and, oh my Lord, his true Virgo character is showing a lot more :D (we love you Ez :D ;)... ahem)
Liz,
I would have let him eat it all if he could, but he was only able to eat a little less than half (yay, more for me :D). It's not an every day, or month, thing I let him do so I was okay with it.
Yes, would be nice to get pictobrowser up and running hopefully sooner than later. Love and miss u too much! xoxo
Such a big boy!! Great pictures Suko, it's so nice to see the little guy growing up! Watch out he is half way to being 3 years old that is almost half of 5 and then just one more year to be 6....and by then he will be all grown up and doing first grade! woah!
Shower him with kisses for me and come visit us soon!
Angie,
Yes, he sure is getting to be a big boy. In more ways then one, why his height is more than half of mine!
Okay so I may not be very tall :D, but he sure is taller than average 1 and 1/2 yr. old kids. If he keeps it up he will be towering over me in no time! ehe
Thanks for commenting ;) and I just might take you up on your "indirect" invitation, will see. LY!
well finally we will have some one in our family that is a decent height.....what!?!? you are considering taking Angie's offer to visit her and not mine...tsk tsk shame im hurt...:(( whaaa.....vas a ver Yasu.....
Yes, come see me!! You don't want to go to Veracruz it's sooooo hot. Besides I am only 150 pesos away(I think).
WHAT? Thats not fair, it is only supposed to be special every YEAR! Haha, it is pretty crazy, we know this system couple that celebrate their youngest kid's cumplemesses! Every month he has a birthday party, and he is one spoiled little hag, haha. But ya GBY guys, love and happiness. Aaron~
Aaron,
Haha, yes, celebrating every "cumplemesses" is a bit exaggerated and would no doubt take away the highlight and fun from your birthday, but seeing as this is not the case with Kenji :) ... it's all good.
And as you can see we didn't do some extravagant thing, just simple and special ;). Cheers!
Post a Comment