Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My little one is sick

It looks like Kenji caught a cough last night. This will be Kenji's first cough at 16 1/2 months old. It was to be expected, though, as with his teething bout his defenses are low and the weather right now is not so favorable. What to do?

It was pretty sad to hear him cough last night. I could tell that his throat was obviously hurting him a lot as his voice was hoarse and he would cry every time he coughed. Poor little pooch :(, and poor little me :D I got about an hour of sleep last night. PTL.

When praying about what to do concerning his cough the Lord showed me to take him to a pediatrician. A sweet friend of ours referred us to a good pediatrician. We went in for the check up expecting to pay, since we weren't able to contact him via phone and provision it, but the Lord had gone before us and prepared the pediatricians heart and he ended up checking Kenji for free. TYJ!

While he does have a cough with a lot of mucous thank the Lord it's not too serious and because it's only in the very beginning stages, Lord willing, it should clear up in 5 - 7 days with some cough drops the doctor prescribed.

Despite all that thank the Lord that overall Kenji is healthy, he gained 250 gr. these last 2 months putting him at 9 kg., and his 4th molar (left bottom) is here! Hooray! (The doctor noticed it while running the usual general check up). I guess that's why he had such a terrible night last night; caught a cough and his molar was cutting through :( :(

Please do pray that his cough will clear up ASAP. Also I'd like to pray that he can gain weight as he is still about 2 kg. under weight. It's to be expected that he would lose some weight, or be a bit under weight, due to his appetite dropping considerably these last couple of months that his molars have been coming in one after another. Thanks for your prayers, I really appreciate them.

5 comments:

lizzy said...

aww the poor little one...so sad will be keeping you guys in my prayers...

Suko Luna said...

Thanks for ur prayers, Liz, means a lot. TTL, he's doing a lot better. Love u!

F.L.U.S.H. said...

Yeah little bro, we have all been getting sick around here. I think that it is a wide spread attack on happiness that is sweeping the world. But you can help your spirit helpers by eating lots of honey, like pooh bear, and eat yummy ginger and garlic tea that mommy can make for you....yucko, Anyhow, will be praying for you guys, cheers.

Kali Meunier said...

Praying for the little man...
The other day I was looking at photos with Eric and he saw one with Kenji on it. He stopped to look at me and said: Mommy, do you know who I miss the most? Nemo and also James" (it was a couple of days after James left.) I thought it was so sweet! We love you lots and have you in our prayers. Please do continue to post photos! It's so nice to be able to see them. xxxxx

Suko Luna said...

Awww, that is too precious. And Nemo sure misses Eric as well. :(
Been slacking off a bit with the blog lately, but will make up for it. :)