TO MY DARLING KENJI:
Baby love, happy, happy birthday!! I hope you had a fun time on your birthday, my dear, but most importantly I want you to know how happy and proud I am of you! You've grown up sooo much this past year I don't even know where to begin, but here are some things that stand out to me the most:
I thank Jesus for giving me such a sweet, loving, smart, considerate, polite, and handsome little fellow like yourself!! I don't feel I've done much to deserve the kind of unconditional love you give me daily, but I am ever so thankful for having this privilege. Thank you for loving me even when I am most certainly not in the most lovable mood -- like when I get frustrated with you at times and come close to loosing it :( and wish you would just behave a tad older. At such moments you never fail to run to my side and give me a smile and a huge hug and say; "It's okay mommy, don't be sad, it's my fault. I'm sorry!" even when sometimes it really isn't your fault. You just overlook my mistakes and love me anyways -- you put me to shame at times, really!
And I just love how attuned and considerate you are to my needs. Whenever I have a tummy ache, headache, backache, or any other ache for that matter, you're quick to come to my side to kiss the hurting member and comfort me -- even if you're in the middle of playing some exciting game between you and your toys. And the way you comfort me is just too sweet! With just a simple cry of "Kenji mommy's tummy is hurting..." you're by my side reassuring me to not worry or cry because you're here and you will pray for me to get better.
Furthermore the earnest with which you pray with is too darling and there is just no way that Jesus wouldn't answer your sweet sincere prayer; "Jesus, please help mommy tummy (or whatever is hurting) not hurt more, please Jesus. Me call on Almathor and 'Lixir', in Jesus name, amen." I love you, my sweet love! Thank you for looking out for mommy, being so considerate, strong and full of faith, and for loving mommy too much! XXX I seriously couldn't ask the Lord for anymore! You, just the way you are is more than I deserve! You truly are an angel - my angel! ILY soooooo much!
I am quite impressed with how much you crave, treasure, and love the Word, Jesus, and anything to do with those things. You never seem to get enough! At times I wonder if you really understand what I'm reading when we read things from older kids pubs like "Prospector, Gen Up, or MLK's" suited for older kids. But every time you amaze me with your understanding of spiritual things at such a young age. And as if that weren't enough how you try to apply what you read, or recite a verse or key promise you've learned, given the opportunity, is truly fantastic!
Here is something I want to congratulate you for, a truly great spiritual achievement you mastered this last year. And every time I think of it, it brings me great joy and pride. I'm amazed with the depth in which you've grasped the concept of "asking Jesus everything." And what's more that months ago the suggestion to listen to Jesus about something came from you! I didn't think you were ready, but you proved me wrong! It makes me so happy to see you now launch out on your own and listen to Jesus, on whatever matter concerns you presently. Nothing is too small to ask Jesus about, for you. I'm so proud of you, my little spiritual samuri! You really have lived up to your name significance, TYJ!
Oh, another thing I'm so proud of you for achieving this last year is reading! Yes, that's right, you now can fully read short one vowel phrases! And you're progressing quite nicely in your "Tommy and Meg" sight reading books too! Yippee! In no time you will be reading "Grandpa Jake" bedtime stories to mommy! - Will be looking forward to that! :) I wish I had a video clip of you reading, but thanks to someone (ahem) not cooperating quite as much to this, I haven't one. But as soon as the opportunity arises I will snatch a clip for memories sake.
These are just a few things I love about you and for which I am so proud of. But above all those things, what I am most thankful for is; that you are mine, mine, MINE. Totally and just mine :) - I'm pretty selfish, ha! But in a good way. ;) I'm blessed to have an angel like yourself to love me unconditionally, care for me kindly, cherish me highly, forgive me endlessly, and put up with me daily! I love you, I love you, I LOVE YOU! HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY, my champ!
A birthday prayer for Kenji:
"Jesus, thank you for sending such a perfect little bundle of love, a bubbly little one, my very own angel in disguise, Kenji, to me. I don't know that I've done anything to deserve such a gift of love, but I am ever so happy and thankful for him. Having him these last 3 years has been such a joy, blessing, and privilege. If it weren't for him (and You of course) my days would be sad, gloomy and not much to look forward to at the start of a new day. But with him in my life there is always something fun and exciting to explore together. And no matter how much of him I have daily, at the end of the day I just can't get enough!
Sweet love, I praise you for all the progress both physical and spiritual Kenji has made this last year and I ask that You please continue to keep him close to You and Your Word - desiring it. I also ask that You will help his little gift of prophecy to continue to grow, help me to remember to make more use of it throughout the day and most importantly to feed his faith so that his connection to You will be firmly set and that it will cause his child like faith to grow and grow and never quench.
Please send by his side a band of specialized warriors to watch over him, care for him, and speak to his heart and mind. Help his connection with his angels and spirit helpers to stay strong as he enters this new year and the many challenges that await him, especially in Kinder. I pray that he will remember the Word he's hid in his heart, call on it and use it to help him face whatever befalls him. I pray You give him confidence, faith and courage to be the sample You want and need him to be.
I also pray that You will help me be a better mom to Kenji, one who is more like You and less like myself. Give me strength, love, faith and wisdom to handle him as he grows a little more into his peculiar little self this year :D and help me to stay attuned and open to the heavenly childcare help You've mad available to us. Help me to always keep my eyes on You and on the fantastic future You have planned for us! In TPOTK, Amen."
Here's the scrumptious breakfast we made for Kenji's birthday; fruit, eggs and turkey bacon, and pancakes with milk. He wanted to eat outside on the balcony and in pajamas!
I decided to just take video clips of the happenings, rather than having to sort through so many pix in order to post a select few. So enjoy! -- With some I simply put the link of the clip, so CLICK ON THEM TOO or you can subscribe to my You Tube channel by clicking on this link here http://www.youtube.com/kenjiluna I might throw in a couple of pix as well.
Thank you, Angie, Liz, Esther and Ez for calling him! He was so flipped to be getting so much attention - calls. And Mig and Amber thank you for the little birthday song video clip, he loved it! Couldn't get him to stop singing the song to himself, ha!
Click on the link to watch Kenji making his breakfast. -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzCK8aZhsEc
Click on the link to watch the boys enjoying their breakfast. -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmmCTEwgtrU
Click on the link to watch Kenji receiving his last present and riding his scooter. -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYyzoNrb5uA
Click on the link to watch Kenji opening his Cars memory game. -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35LxMTeH_JA
Click on the link to watch Kenji playing memory. -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEZThdtkoaM
And here are some photos of the outing we had in honor of Angel's birthday, 27th of August. The Lord supplied 2 big pizzas, spaghetti, and a delicious salad! Oh, and to boot, an ice-cream for Kenji - Angel really isn't into ice-cream, he was more than happy with his meal. TYJ! You'd think we would be satisfied with all that food, but somehow we still had some room for carrot cake! A friend called and asked if she could bring Angel a cake for his b-day, so sweet. And we let both of them open one of their presents that night - Angel's birthday.
Click on the link to watch Angel blowing out his candles! -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moCrVKb4c9g
Click on the link to watch Angel opening one of his presents! -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTLT0QikEWI
Click on the link to watch Kenji opening a present of his on Angel's b-day! - He didn't want to be left out, heh. -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Ve9SXQvfc
6 comments:
Awesome! These guys probably make better pancakes than I do! I miss these monkeys!
- Ez
Ha! Well, they sure are getting closer to being pros! Pancakes are our trademark family-day breakfast! - Oh, but they have to be "tiny baby" pancakes, according to Kenji. Heh.
We love and miss you bunches, Ez! And we're looking forward to seeing you all in the near future, DV. :)
loved the vids Suko! Thank you for posting them! Subscribed to your youtube channel and will be tuning in! Un abrazo a todos!
Glad you enjoyed them! Nice, I'll be, DV, putting stuff up regularly! WLY and thank you for all you do for us, we really appreciate it! xoxo
I can't believe he's so big! He's adorable, Suko - and you are a great mom!!! :)
I know, soon he will be, literally, towering over me! :D Awww, thank you for the compliment - it's seriously only Him! WLY!
Post a Comment