I want to take a moment here to congratulate both Mig & Ez, my brothers, on this very special day because if I'm not mistaken this Father's Day is their first "official" one, no? Well then, 3 cheers to you both! :)
And here's a quote I came across a couple of days ago, that I think does the subject justice:
* To be a father is to fulfill a noble vocation. But fatherhood is not for everyone: it is not for cowards or for those who are unsure of themselves. Once you become a father, you remain a father until you die. A true father must be a leader – a captain who guides his family’s ship through perilous waters to safe shores, a general who rallies his troops to take on the daily battles.
On the other hand, a father should also model love and compassion. Jesus was not afraid to compare himself to a hen gathering her chicks. He also wept. These qualities belong to true manhood, and a true father will seek to embody them.
I know that you both have what it takes to be fantastic fathers (a true father) to your little boys in every way -- be the perfect balance between love and discipline while also partaking of the simple joys that these tender ones revel in. Yet most importantly, teach them through your own example of kindness, courage and faith! I love and admire the both of you!
And here are a few other quotes on Fatherhood that I found interesting. Enjoy!
* Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad. —Author unknown
* Until you have a son of your own, you will never know the joy, the love beyond feeling that resonates in the heart of a father as he looks upon his son. You will never know the sense of honor that makes a man want to be more than he is and to pass something good and hopeful into the hands of his son. —Kent Nerburn
* A father carries pictures where his money used to be. —Author unknown
* You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once.
—Polish proverb
* Someday you're going to be thankful that you had a part in those children's care and training. You will have helped form another human being. That's thrilling! Are you equal to the task? No, but God is, and He will help you if you try! -David B.B.
* Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction. —John Crosby
Following are some videos of Kenji reviewing his math in a fun way and at last I'm able to catch his lovely little voice on camera (he gets camera shy sometimes) and also his words are a bit more decipherable now, heh. :) So, enjoy! Pics of today's happenings will be added later on today, DV!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Aww that is so adorable...
His lil song is just too cute
It's so cool how he says "I love you Liz" and how I'm the first one he say....so cute...
He is so much bigger...I love you guys so much, praying for you
much love Lizzy-xoxooxox
I know! I loved how he got "into" the song with his little moves and added back ups! Heh.
Yes, he loves you very much and at times says he want to go visit you, but of course with mommy along, ha!
YES! These videos I CAN see!!! Most of the other ones you have posted I can't view, thank you for uploading them to youtube now!
He is talking so much more and so clearly, I can't wait to visit you guys! Oh, and Suko maybe next time you can tell him to say "I love you" to his favorite auntie first, since that would be me (not you Liz):)
All that yummy food is making me hungry...I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Father's day!
I'm so glad you can see the videos problem-free. :) Yes, he's talking a lot more, although it's still Spanglish, ha! But cute nonetheless.
Does your comment mean you will be paying us a visit soon! That would be lovely! Then maybe you can personally win his little heart (but don't tell Liz).
Oh, but I hope you don't visit here while we're gone -- will be away for a month, give or take. Sigh, that would suck. :( Write me. LY!
Thank you Sukito! I love you mucho!
Oh, you're welcome! I pray everything is going well with this new situation you guys find yourselves in. WLY lots!
P.S. Lucky you, you get to claim 2 "Father Day" celebrations! Heh. :)
hahahaha That is the best drawing of a sun ever! That hair do and ball concept is awesome too! I love this guy's art! Tell Ken he is an awesome artist! :D
Ha! He's got quite the imagination and, of course, is very much into details. Now where he came up with the sun having a fin, I don't know, heh. WLY!
Post a Comment