Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My little 110% missionary!

It's been a while since I last posted and it hasn't been due to lack of things to post about, for indeed there has been lots happening lately, almost more than would be my fancy. But I won't complain. :) I'll try to recap the most oustanding events in a single post, so as to not bore you all. :D

A couple of days ago we went out on FU with the boys, mom and I, and although we weren't able to cover a lot of ground, so to speak, we did meet a very sweet and receptive man -- manager of a CFE office -- we talked with him for a good 40 minutes showing him our work, projects, etc., as well as approached him for help in lowering our electric bill in some way, as it was ridiculously high. TTL, he agreed to lower it considerably, on his own account, and sent some workers to check our electric meter to see if perhaps it had any leaks or is malfunctioning, as our reading was a good 1,000 percent higher then our normal bills.

That encounter with him and his readiness to help was a miracle in itself, but that was not all. He also bought several "Mottos for Success" and some other products, as did various of his employees, and he gave us permission to go to another office and present our work/products there as well. What a victory and success! We went ahead and set it up for another day. PTL!

Around lunch time we stopped by a friend who owns a little restaurant and who so kindly agreed to feed us all. TYJ! Mom spent some time with her afterwards while I tried my best to keep the boys happy. Emphasis on tried :D for it had been a long day for them in the scorching heat and they were getting very restless, but they held out pretty well and mom had a good talk/prayer time with the sweet lady -- owner of the restaurant.

Our last stop was at a Wal-Mart to pick up some things for dinner. Right outside of Wal-Mart there was this group of people in firemen attire -- newbee's -- having a firemen-drill lesson. Of course Kenji was interested in seeing what they were going to do so we stayed outside in spite of the terrible heat. Those 8 or so minutes in the sun did it for him and brought out the sleepiness I had tried to hold back for the past half hour or so.

All in all our day was a success. We got lots of tools out, quite a bit of come-backs, referrals, 10 souls, met a lot of recptive people who are interested in helping in a greater way, a good meal and our transport (taxis) was all for free! TYJ! He never fails to take such good care of us.

Kenji has really been a trouper these past 2 months going out on OR/FU with me a lot more than normal. Such a shiner! And slowly he's loosing his 'timidness' and is more willing to say 'hi' and recite his verse in Spanish to the girls, that is. The boys will have to wait a bit longer... ehe. As his goal is to reach all the girls right now. HA!

The last two weeks Word study for Kenji was along the lines of witnessing, reaching the lost, etc. So, DV, he will start to acquire a "love for the lost" at a young age and truly know what being a missionary means. I think he already is understanding these things as every now and then he will ask me to read him the "back-pack story" (aka Pandita Ramabai - which is one of his favorite right now) and then after the story motion to go out in the car to say 'hi' and 'Dios es amor' to people. So adorable!

Anyways, that for me has been so encouraging as sometimes I'll get weary in well doing and think it won't make a difference if I don't read to him from his Word study curriculum faithfully. But I'm realizing more and more just how much he desires the Word and how well he assimilates it for a 2 year old. And it sure makes me desperate to not only be faithful to read to him/pour into him, but to most of all give him the right sample in everything I do and say.

Well, I'll stop there before my post gets drawn out. :) But like I said there are lots of instances in the day were Kenji says or does something that is truly amazing, and post worthy, but unfortunately I lack the time to write about it all. But who knows maybe I'll start posting more frequently, but just making the post shorter or something. Who knows? I'll see how I feel about it later.


6 comments:

Angie Luna said...

Ha! I laughed so much at the part where you explain how Kenji's targeted audience right now is only the girls! So cute!! And what a testimony with your electricity bill! TTL! Please do continue to post. I look forward to both the photos and your story telling of Kenji's adventures and progress. I love you bunches!

Suko Luna said...

Ha, yes, unfortunately he is a bit selective with whom he will 'witness' to, although I'm doing my best to teach him that everyone needs God's love.

It's my pleasure to post for you and keep you abreast, or at least try to, with the happenings (and cute things he does or says) of Kenji. Which are many, far to many to post about. But I'll do my best. :)

Love you, Angie. Have a good one today! xoxo

mig.moon said...

thanks so much for posting Suko! it's nice to know what you guys have been up to... I know I have not been faithful... I need to post soon... it's jsut been hectic with work. Amber is pretty faithful to put all the new stuff up. I love you guys and miss you. Please send my luv to all.

Suko Luna said...

Hey, Migs, it's nice to hear from you! You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed the posts! That's what it's for. ;)

No worries about your blog, I figured you've been busy as a bee. :D You're in our prayers and we miss you tons too! WLY! :)

lizzy said...

aww man the little kenji boy is growing up so fast yasu....thats so cute that kenjis targeted audience right now is only the girls...man yasu you are an awesome mom...and kenji boy seams to be growing so fast in so many areas...i love you guys so much...thats a super cool testomonie about the manager of a CFE office...will be keeping you guys in my prayers i love you

Suko Luna said...

He sure is growing up real fast, Liz. And although being selective is not in itself so good, it's far too cute. And there is no harm in it now, so why stop his little "fire". Right? Ha!

We love and miss you tons too, thank you for all your prayers, we've really felt them. Keep them coming! Don't forget you're in our prayers as well. LY! xoxo