Monday, August 18, 2008

Of creativity and the like

It's been a while since I post pics of the handsome one :) believe me there have been many 'worthy of a pic' shots, but it's not like I'm gonna walk around the house with a camera in hand :D. But the other day during our activity time the boys' (Angel and Kenji, both Virgos) creativity was in full bloom so I had to capture a shot of their creations. To tell you the truth I was quite amazed and impressed!

Angel built this cool little building/house with many levels and pine trees. Don't know what was going through his head at the moment, but it was very creative of him. Kenji built a little table with food, of course, food is something that lately has been more and more on his mind. It seems he's always munching on something, yet he is still so thin! :( Anyways, so he puts 4 little people on chairs to eat, then since there was still room on the table, but no more people, he decides that the trees might be hungry too! :) So cute!

Angel seems to really like building things with blocks/megablocks and since coming here I've tried to encourage him in this area and have noticed his creativeness improving so much! And it's quite amazing to me how his Virgo traits show up every now and again in spite of him being DS.

For instance while building something with the megablocks the other day he took note of making it color coordinated! I was really impressed! I only helped with the last top of the tower and the blocks sticking out from the main building, he did all the rest! It goes to show the progress he's made these last several months with a little attention in those areas that he needs help with.

Their birthdays are coming up real soon (Angel the 27th & Kenji the 29th) so we're trying to see how we can celebrate it in a fun way seeing as there aren't other kids in the home. Although we may possibly invite friends who have kids their age, we'll see as this will mean more planning, and organizing, simply put more work something that doesn't really appeal to me . :D

But one idea I had was to provision a water park to celebrate Angel's birthday as he just loves swimming. We were able to enroll him in a swimming school, 2 days out of the week, so he's real happy about that! But recently it's been raining every day or every other day and for the most part the weather is overcast, so I don't know if the water park idea will be feasible in the end. :(

And for Kenji's birthday I was thinking he would like something more like a 'Jungle Jim' or something to that extent. Lately he's been driving me up the wall with his running around like a crazy man; climbing anything he finds climb worthy like the back part of our coaches, (yep, he success- fully climbs our coaches from the back even though he gets a swat for it each time when we catch him doing it) jumping off anything he can get on to on his own like our coffee table, etc!

I realize he may simply have way too much energy, but in spite of his daily hour and a half at the park he still seems this wired up! Dear lord, what to do?!Well I'll leave you with some photos of the last couple of weeks, you can expect lots more to come with their b-days a week or so away!

2 comments:

lizzy said...

Awww man there growing up so fast...and im missing it all...¨sniff sniff¨....i´m so glad to hear that munchy is being a lot more creative...i hope that he will soon start talking...please send him my love and tell him i miss him tons...as for kenji i think its so cute how he wants to feed the trees....thats just so cute... i wish i could be there with them...i miss you all so much i love you

Suko Luna said...

We love and miss you tons too, Liz! Well that's why you can at least get a peek every now and again of all that they are up to through here. :) Do keep Angel's scholastic progress in your prayers.

And well that's Kenji for you, a goof and a half :D with a funny little imagination. Everyday he comes up with some new bizarre thing or play idea. Heh! I love him so much, he's just so perfect. ;)
Love you, Liz! Take care.